An introduction to the 3 step process that will help us get started on your new website
1. A Basic Overview of What I Need to Get Started on Your Website
Once I have this information and receipt from your first payment invoice, I will get started and you will be on your way to having the first draft of your website.
Here’s what I ask for:
• Hosting Login username and password – (A2 hosting, Siteground, Blue Host, HostGator, etc.)
** I recommend you getting website security on your website! Your host may offer it. There are also company’s like Sucuri , https://sucuri.net, and Sitelock, https://www.sitelock.com. You may also want to speak with your hosting company about an SSL certificate, which is an added layer of protection.
• Current Website Login (if you currently have a WordPress site)
• Logo – If you have one. (PDF, EPS or high res JPEG if possible)
• Pages that you want – For example –> Home, About, Services, Contact, Blog, Specializations, etc.
• Images or any pictures to use – This should also include your own professional picture, if you want. Here are a few places to find images that give you permission to use on your website. For example (free) www.pexels.com or http:
** It’s best to save the license that comes with these images, to show proof that you have permission to use them.
• Colors that you want used – If you are not sure of the color(s) you want for your website, look here https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp.
2. The Design Process
THE DESIGN PROCESS
Designing a website, no matter the size, can be overwhelming. There is much more to it than just cut and paste. Here is my process for completing my client websites (3 steps):
STEP 1 – LAYOUT AND DESIGN
A large part of website design is in the layout and structure of the site. After I create the framework of the website, I will notify you so that you can view the homepage and other pages for your approval. Next, you tell me how you want me to edit it. Each website package comes with a certain amount of free edits.
STEP 2 – DESIGN
Once the site layout and design is approved, I’ll move forward with designing all pages.
STEP 3 – FINAL REVISIONS AND EDITS
3. Preparing for Launch
After all final revisions are completed, your site will be ready to go live! You will receive the final payment invoice from me and after I receive that invoice, your site will be live within 24 hours. PLEASE SAVE ALL LOGIN INFORMATION FOR YOUR RECORDS.
Upon completion, you’ll receive a link a website care document that is also here on the website –> “after website goes live”. It outlines tips on marketing your new website and also information on maintenance and security.